I confessed last week that our family recently went through a major diet overhaul. After years of watching friends read all the research and test out all the recipes, I finally decided it was time for our family to be much more thoughtful about what we were putting into our bodies.
That being said, we all have major sweet tooths around here. Rarely was there a week when the kids and I did not bake together or go on a "candy run" to satiate the sugar cravings. We may have eaten a decent bit of fruits and veggies already, but let's be honest: Ice cream was its own food group in our house.
So, figuring out how to eat our "sweets" within a Plant-Based Diet, and within moderation, has been a big part of this diet switch for us. And perfecting this Coconut Granola recipe has been a lifesaver! I make a double batch every couple weeks and we tend to treat it as dessert, serving it up with some vanilla almond milk later in the evenings.
So without further ado, my five ingredient Coconut Granola recipe!
Here's what you'll need:
6 cups oats
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup honey
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1) Preheat oven to 350 F
2) Melt your coconut oil until liquid. I would start in 10 second intervals.
3) Mix your three wet ingredients, whisking and blending as much as possible. The oil will, naturally, resist mixing, so don't stress about it too much.
4) In a large bowl, pour liquid mixture over oats and stir well, making sure all oats are evenly coated and no clumps of liquid have pooled anywhere.
5) Use a paper towel dabbed in coconut oil to grease the bottom of a large cookie sheet. Pour the oat mixture out into an even layer on the cookie sheet. You won't want the granola to be stacked very thick, so if necessary, use two sheets.
6) Bake for 25 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
7) Remove and let cool. Once cool, pour into mason jar and shake in shredded coconut.
That's it! Five ingredients, five minutes of prep, 25 minutes of baking - and you've got a healthy, hearty snack or a sweet treat to cap your evenings off with! Hope you enjoy!
Pin It Now!