As promised, here is the original banana bread recipe from our Father's Day brunch last weekend, inspired by this recipe. It takes 8 basic ingredients that even I had on-hand, five simple steps and viola! A yummy, homemade treat...for yourself or to share. Enjoy!
Simple Banana Bread Recipe
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
3 medium overripe bananas
1) Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
2) In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
3) In a separate bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, eggs and bananas until well blended.
4) Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
5) Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.